Have you ever wished that you could know a formula for changing something in your life that you wanted to change? I am going to give you a formula that all you have to do is insert the variable that you want changed. Your Body + Your Brain + Your Beliefs and Habits = Your Results
Your body is your computer hardware, your brain is your operating system, it can be a mac or a pc, and your beliefs and habits are the software that you use to progam your system. The system that you have is only programmed to do what you tell it to do. So if you want to change something about you, you have to change your programming, change the software that you use.
You have a conscious mind and you have a subconscious mind.
Your conscious mind:
- Accepts or reject any idea or goal.
- Imagines and decide what you want to achieve.
- Determines what actions you need to take.
- Discusses your goals and dreams and cause you to get excited about them.
- Gets you to take action for a short period of time.
Your subconscious mind:
- Controls 96% of all your decisions in your emotions, perceptions and behaviors.
- Controls all of your life supporting systems.
- Can not tell the real from the imagined.
- Immediately will act upon any idea impressed upon it.
The reason that it takes time to change something about us is that we do not maintain our focus on our change. We want immediate results and when we don’t see any change, we give up and tell ourselves that this stuff does not work.
You have to persist in your change to be successful. You have to reprogram your computer to start living the change. It takes 30 – 90 days to change a habit.
Now put emotion to what you want to change. Your emotional mind is 35% more powerful than your logical mind. Put emotion to it and you will get to your goal much faster. Emotion will hijack your logical mind and move you toward whatever and wherever you have emotion attached.
Your subconscious mind always moves toward your thinking. Keep focused on the change and persist until you are successful.
Find yourself a coach to help you focus on what you want to change. Athletes need someone to guide them to success. If you want to be successful, do what successful people do.